SDMA Issue Brief on Human Rights and Democracy (SDMA Issue Brief) is an E-quarterly published by SDMA. It contains the special reivews on Asian human rights and democracy as well as news of a variety of activity of member organisations of SDMA.
Please see below table of contents of this 2nd SDMA Issue Brief.
- Causes and Consequences of Violence against Women in Bangladesh / Odhikar
- Freedom of Expression, Association and Peaceful Assembly in South Korea / PSPD
News from the SDMA member organisations
- Judicial Review of Law of Social Conflict Management (IDSPS, Indonesia)
- Papua situation reviewed during the UPR on Indonesia 2012 (Imparsial, Indonesia)
- Education on the Convention against Torture and OP-CAT awareness (Odhikar, Bangladesh)
- National advocacy meeting on 'Combating Violence against Women' (Odhikar, Bangladesh)
- Civil Action against Controlling the Media and Illegal Surveillance (PSPD, South Korea)
- Gwangju Asia Forum (The May 18 Memorial Foudnation, South Korea)
* Solidarity for Democratisation Movement in Asia (SDMA) was launched at the 2012 Gwangju Asia Forum with the aim of working for the improvement of Asian human rights and democracy through regional cooperation and working in solidarity. At present, FORUM-ASIA (regional), IDSPS, Imparsial (Indonesia), IID (Philippines), Odhikar (Bangladesh), PSPD, The May 18 Memorial Foundation (South Korea) are joined as a member organisations.