[홍보물] 참여연대 소개 영문 브로셔
- 2018.05.17 (16:28:36)
This is a short introduction of People's Solidarity for Participatory Democracy
for English users. See the context below.
PEOPLE’S SOLIDARITY FOR PARTICIPATORY DEMOCRACY(PSPD)
Non-Governmental Organization Seoul, South Korea
WHAT WE DO
- Watch : We are a watchdog organization that closely monitors abuse of power by government and private corporations.
- Alternatives : We research and propose alternative policies, bills and measures to enhance the livelihood and the rights of people.
- Participation : Members and volunteers are fundamental to our activities. Our operations depend on membership fees of around 15,000 (as of January 2016)
- Solidarity : We stand in solidarity with local, glocal, and global people’s movements to uphold democracy. We promote and protect human rights of minorities and marginalized people.
- Center for Judicial Watch : Monitoring the Prosecutor’s Office, courts, and lawyers to uphold the rule of law and bring institutional reform of the judicial body.
- Center for Legislative Watch : Monitoring the activities of members of parliament and campaigning to reform the electoral system.
- Center for Administrative Watch : Monitoring public bureaus for a transparent and accountable policy making process.
- Center for Whistle-blower Support : Supporting and protecting whistle-blowers.
- Public Interest Law Center : Supporting public interest litigations for democracy and human rights.
- Committee for Fair Labour Society : Monitoring labor policies and suggesting alternative labor policies to ensure fair working conditions.
- Center for People’s Livelihood Improvement : Campaigning for lowering costs for telecommunication services, housing and education.
- Committee for Social Welfare : Monitoring social welfare policies and suggesting alternative policies to establish a welfare state.
- Center for Economic and Financial Justice : Monitoring financial supervision institutes and the disproportionate economic power of the Chaebol(conglomerates) in order to establish economic justice.
- Center for Tax Reform : Monitoring taxation and finance policies for fair taxation and tax system reforms.
- Center for International Solidarity : Building solidarity with international civil society to advocate various democracy and human rights issues.
- Center for Peace and Disarmament : Advocating for peace, disarmament and a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula and Northeast Asia.
- Academy Neutinamu : Community education center for liberal arts, democracy and an engaged society.
- Institute for a Participatory Society : Center for alternative policies and for publishing the biannual academic journal “Citizen and the World”.
- PSPD Youth Council : Advocating for the voice of the youth
INDEPENDENT AND TRANSPARENT ORGANISATION
PSPD does not receive any government funding. We are 100% funded by individual donations and membership fees. 2017 Annual Income ▶ Membershop Fee 78.5% / Donation 16.4% / Others 9.1%
• Lawsuits - Civil, Criminal and Constitutional Cases
• Legislations, Petitions
• Request for Audit and Inspections of Government bodies
• Press conferences, Panel discussions
• Press Statement, Commentaries
• Publications – Policy Report, Books, Periodicals
• Non-violent Direct Action – One person demonstration, Protests and Rallies
• Public Lectures, Community Courses
• Internship Programme, Youth training
People’s Solidarity for Participatory Democracy (PSPD) is a non-governmental organization based in Seoul, South Korea, founded in 1994. PSPD has been working on protecting people's participation in government decision making processes and socio-economic reforms, by closely monitoring the abuse of power of the state and corporations to enhance transparency and accountability.
- 1994-2001 Campaign for social safety net and securing minimum living standard
- 1994-Present Campaign to Protect Whistle-blowers
- 1996-2001 Campaign to enact Anti-Corruption Act (enacted in 2001)
- 1997-2007 Campaign for Minor Shareholders Rights of Chaebol(conglomerate) including Samsung Electronics
- 2000, 2004 Civil Action for the General Election (CAGE) – No Vote for Corrupted Candidates Campaign
- 2001-Present Campaign to lower mobile phone bill
- 2002 Campaign against the purchase of F-15K Fighter
- 2002-Present Campaign to amend the US-South Korea Status of Forces Agreements (SOFA)
- 2003-2008 Campaign against dispatching Korean troops to Iraq and Afghanistan
- 2004, 2006 Hope-up Campaign to raise minimum cost of living provided by the government
- 2006-Present Open and Update a database website to monitor activities of members of parliament
- 2006-2011 Campaign against the South Korea-US FTA
- 2007-Present Campaign to lower expenses on university tuition fee
- 2008 Campaign against the import of US beef with mad cow disease
- 2009 Campaign to revise the Ordinance of Seoul Square for People’s Freedom of Assembly
- 2010-Present Campaign to reinvestigate the sunken Cheonan warship incident
- 2011-Present Campaign against the construction of Jeju naval base
- 2012 Campaign to introduce living wage by Seoul Metropolitan local government
- 2013-Present Campaign for economic democratization by protecting small merchants and regulating Chaebol(conglomerate)
- 2013-Present Campaign calling for a transparent investigation of illegal intervention to the 2012 Presidential Election by the National Intelligence Service
- 2014-Present Campaign to find truth of the Sewol ferry tragedy
- 2014-Present 70 th year anniversary of liberation, Peace Now Campaign
- 2015-Present Campaign to reform electoral system by expanding proportional representation
2016-2017 People's Action for Immediate Resignation of President Park Geun-hye
UN ECOSOC CONSULTATIVE STATUS
PSPD has been actively engaging with UN bodies including the UN Human Rights Council and the Security Council. In 2004, PSPD obtained a consultative status with the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
PSPD IS A MEMBER OF SEVERAL INTERNATIONAL AND REGIONAL NETWORK ORGANIZATION
- FORUM-ASIA Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development
- ANFREL Asian Network for Free Election
- GPPAC Global Partnership for Prevention of Armed Conflict
- FIDH International Federation for Human Rights
- ROA Reality of Aid
- SDMA Solidarity for Democratization Movement in Asia
- CIVICUS World Alliance for Citizens Participation
- Join our Bi-Weekly newsletter (in Korean only)
- Please visit www.peoplepower21.org/newsletter
- Become a Member / Volunteer
- Contact : email@example.com, +82 2 723 5051
- Follow Us on Social Media @peoplepower21
- Address 16, Jahamunro 9-gil, Jongno-Gu Seoul South Korea 03036
- GOOGLE MAP bit.ly/1R8c0eD
- Tel +82 2 723 5051
- Fax +82 2 6919 2004
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website www.peoplepower21.org/english
|참여연대 홍보물 since 2008|