평화군축센터 l 한반도 평화를 위해 비핵군축운동을 합니다
[Side Event] Peace & Denuclearization on the Korean Peninsula & NA
- 2019.05.06 (12:03:19)
Side Event in 2019 PrepCom for the 2020 NPT Review Conference
Peace and Denuclearization on the Korean Peninsula & Northeast Asia
- Time : 15:00 - 17:00 pm, Mon, 6 May, 2019
- Venue : Conference Room C, United Nations, New York
- Hosted by People’s Solidarity for Participatory Democracy (PSPD)
Youkyoung Ko Consultant, Korea Peace Now! Women Mobilizing to End the Korean War, Women's International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF)
Sooyoung Hwang Manager, Peace and Disarmament Center, PSPD
Hyun Lee US National Organizer, Women Cross DMZ (WCD)
Kevin Martin President, Peace Action and Coordinator, Korea Peace Network (KPN)
John Kim NGO Representative to UN Headquarters, International Fellowship of Reconciliation (IFOR)
Since the Hanoi summit between the DPRK and the U.S. ended without result, concerns have been raised that the deadlock between the two countries will be prolonged.
How can we ensure that the peace process on the Korean Peninsula is firmly sustained? How can we end the Korean War and build the stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula? How can we achieve Nuclear-Free Korean Peninsula which can become a stepping stone for Northeast Asia Nuclear-Weapon-Free Zone?
Speakers will address analysis and views on the current situation on the Korean Peninsula (Relations between the DPRK and the U.S.; Negotiations to build peace regime on the Korean Peninsula; Sanctions against the DPRK; Inter-Korean exchange and cooperation and so on), suggestions for making peaceful Korea and Northeast Asia, and the role of social movements.
After the presentation, there will be a Q&A session and discussion with the audience.
* People’s Solidarity for Participatory Democracy (PSPD) is a non-governmental organization based in Seoul, South Korea. We were founded in 1994, We have been in the Consultative Status with ECOSOC since 2004. PSPD has been working on protecting people's participation in government decision making processes and socio-economic reforms, by closely monitoring the abuse of power of the state and corporations to enhance transparency and accountability. Center for Peace and Disarmament of PSPD is advocating for peace, disarmament and a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula and Northeast Asia.
* Contact Detail: Sooyoung Hwang (email@example.com / +1 702-268-5976)