2013, PSPD-EURODAD Conference For Financial Transparency
- 2013.09.23 (10:22:00)
- 첨부 1
2013, Building Welfare State: International Conference of Civil Society To Prevent Tax Evasion and Promote Financial Transparency
◎ Topics for Discussion
- What is obstructing tax equity and tax justice in Korea?
- What is the significance of the financial transparency in relation to the tax and fiscal reform in Korea?
- How do we evaulate the impact ICIJ's 'offshore leaks' has exerted wordwide? What are the implications?
- How is the Korean economy affected by multinationals's behaivor of aggressive tax evasion.
- How are the corporations and the richest abusing tax havens and what are the problems they cause?
- What are the tasks our international cooperation should undertake to prevent money laundering and tax evasion.
Wednesday, 9th of October, 2013. 14:00-17:30
Iroom Hall(B1), Iroom center, 22 Uisadang-daero, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, Korea
People’s Solidarity for Participatory Democracy (PSPD)
European Network on Debt and Development), (Eurodad )
Korean Civil Society Forum for Tax Justice
◎Participants from abroad:
(See the bios at the end of the document.)
Date: Wednesday 9th October 2013, 14:00-17:30
14:00~14:20 Greeting Speech
Co-representative of PSPD
Civil Society Forum for Tax Justice
EU Ambassador to Korea
FES Christoph Pohlmann Resident Representative
14:20~14:40 Keynote Speech: The reformation of tax and fical system of Korea : Where are we and Where we do go? (Byung-Goo Kang, the dean of the Center for Tax Justice and Budget Priority , PSPD)
<Second Session: How To Enhance Financial Transparency Innationally?>
moderated by Gibin Hong ,Dean of Global Political Economy Institute
14:50~15:00 Presentation 1. PSPD (by Se-eun Jung) (10min)
15:00~15:10 Presentation 2. FTC Asia Network (by Pooja Rangaprasad) (10min)
15:10~15:20 Presentation 3. Eurodad (by Jesse Griffiths) (10min)
15:20~15:45 Presenters' mutual comment (25min)
15:45:16:00 Coffee break (15min)
16:00~16:50 Panel Discussions (Each 10min)
Yu-yong Yi, Tax Justice Network, East Asia Chapter
Ho-rim Yu, Gang-nam University
Dea-sun Lee, SpecWatch (Center for Monitoring Speculative Capital)
NewsTapa (Independent media)
Su-jin Cho. Center for Tax justice and Budget Priority, PSPD
16:50~17:10 Discussions (20min)
17:10~17:20 FTC-Eurodad-PSPD Joint Statement & Closing Session