PSPD in English Peace/Disarmament 2017-05-08   2786

[Letter] To President Trump, From Soseong-ri, Seongju

20170508_사드 반대 성주 참외 미대사관 전달

To President Trump, the President of the United States

My name is Noh Soo-deok, I live in Soseong-ri. I am 76 years old. 

I don’ t know what THAAD is for and why you are bringing it to my village. THAAD seems like a bad thing because the military is imposing it on us as if we are in war. My small village was quite and peaceful even during the horrifying events of the Korean War. Why do we have to have such war machines here now?

THAAD is a scary thing. I heard that once THAAD is here, I cannot live or farm on my land anymore. I have lived on this land my whole life.

Since there is so much discussion of war, for me, THAAD is war.

Please accept these Seongju oriental melons and Gimcheon grapes. They were grown in Seongju and Gimcheon village and they are very sweet. Even though I never had the chance to go to school I learned to do farming well to grow delicious fruits like these.

Our village is famous for oriental melons and I have been planting them all my life. I feel very happy when I harvest these oriental melons. For me, these oriental melons represent peace.

Please enjoy these oriental melons and remember that people and communities are living in Soseong-ri, Seongju.

8th, May, 2017

정부지원금 0%, 회원의 회비로 운영됩니다

참여연대 후원/회원가입

참여연대 NOW

실시간 활동 SNS

텔레그램 채널에 가장 빠르게 게시되고,

더 많은 채널로 소통합니다. 지금 팔로우하세요!